TRACKLIFE.info Ресурс о индустрии автоспорта

Вернуться   TRACKLIFE.info Ресурс о индустрии автоспорта > Автоспорт > Кольцо > TimeAttack

TimeAttack Любительские и полупрофессиональные серии на лучшее время круга. (не контактная дисциплина)

Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 27.02.2012   #1
Kosov
На третей

Kosov
По умолчанию BATTLE EVOME FINAL

It's straight back to Tsukuba now for the second Part of the Battle Evome Final coverage. I'm kicking off this post with a shot of Satoh-san's all-carbon Evo 5, a well known old Varis demo car that has other famous and respected names behind it such as Cyber Evo and Garage HRS. Satoh was in full form on Sunday posting the fourth fastest time of the day, a blisteringly quick 57"511.

With things happening so quickly at this 2-hour time attack session it's always a hard choice to either stay a little longer in the paddock...

...to check out all the cars like this cool Garage Kagotani tuned 180SX...

...or head out trackside to see the drivers give it all they've got.

You guys probably remember this RE-Amemiya FD from a few weeks back.

This time round the team was looking very serious, keeping their rubber up to temperature with tire warmers!

It was cool to see this BNR34 again; in case you are wondering it does looks as mean as it sounds and it seems the over-fueling issues it had a couple of weeks back had been cured.

If you are serious about getting the best out of your GT-R at Tsukuba then the stock brakes really have to go. This sanyon was sporting a 6-pot Endless brake kit up front with smaller 4-pots at the rear.

The teammates, who are usually just family and friends, were keeping the GT-R's 295-wide Advan 050s nice and toasty in front of this big and powerful kerosene heater. Best the driver managed was a 59"244.

A helmet heater/dryer? Obviously some have a little more budget than others!

Got aero?

I ran across the Maiham Media crew who were out there covering the event. Luke set up cameras all around the track and inside Under Suzuki's S15, so you can expect a cool film from him soon!

The M-Technic CT9A Evo 9 RS was back down from Yamagata and looking as wild as ever thanks to that custom aero treatment around the fenders.

Here is a quick look at the engine bay. This car is good for sub-1-minute lap times...

...posting a 59"913 on the day.

I'm glad a lot of you realized just how special a Civic has to be to break the 1-minute barrier at Tsukuba! The G-Work EG6 is a great example of how efficient weight reduction can be...power isn't everything of course!

The "Pretty Teruteru" S15 on the way to a 1'00"400 lap.

In case you are wondering why Under Suzuki was unable to set a proper fast lap we have to go right at the beginning of the first session. During the first few warm up laps something went wrong with the Arios Okuyama RX-7 and it started dumping either oil or radiator fluid, or both, around most of the track.

It took well over ten minutes for the marshals to spread saw dust most of the way around the track and soak up the entire spill.

With less than ten minutes to go before the end of the session it was obvious that the track would remain slippery for a while as is shown here by the Fiber Garage CG8 powering out sideways from the in-field hairpin.

Some took advantage to have some fun and keep those tires warm! Suzuki-san didn't even bother going out as he knew there was no way he would find the grip he needed for a decent lap. That left him only the second session later to have a shot.

More to follow soon from Battle Evome so tune in tomorrow for Part 3!
Kosov вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 27.02.2012   #2
Kosov
На третей

Kosov
По умолчанию BATTLE EVOME FINAL - PT.1

You couldn't have beaten the conditions at Tsukuba Circuit yesterday morning. Clear blue skies, a warm barely-risen sun and a nice and crispy -7ºC. Perfect time attack temperatures and with this being the final Battle Evome meeting of the season it was the last chance for a lot of participants to try for their fastest possible laps. After having heard that Under Suzuki had managed to break his record at the third round last weekend, I wasn't going to take a chance and miss him getting into the 53-seconds. But would he be able to do it?

Before the first session got started it was time for a little group photo on the main straight. It's also a good chance to show you guys the people behind the crazy cars that compete in this amateur series, all certified car nuts with a serious addiction to power and speed! Best part of it all is that they are all down to earth normal people, very welcoming and always ready to joke around.

With the action due to start at 9 am I had about half an hour to walk through the paddock...

...and take a closer look at the cars that had entered this final round.

With another soukoukai session due to begin right after, the paddock was divided into two, the area from Pit 12 to Pit 32 reserved for the Battle Evome entrants.

Most of the cars present were the same ones that came to the second round I covered three weeks back...

...but there were also a couple of interesting cars I hadn't seen before like this R-Magic "05" FD, looking extremely aggressive with similar aero as used on Takayama's D1 machine.

Horikoshi-san in the Exceed Moat S14 was the fastest car on the day, kind of hinting that Suzuki-san didn't manage to better his own 54'162. The number 02 Silvia managed a 54'882, Horikoshi's best time so far and proof that his continuous devotion to perfecting his car is paying off. These two Silvias are quite the attention grabbers as you can imagine and the Video Option cameras were out once again chronicling their adventures in time attacking.

A nice set of TE37s are always a great match for any GT-R!

It has been a while since I've seen the Arios Okuyama FD in action. These guys have created a pretty wild looking widebody RX-7 but haven't yet managed...

...to extract its true potential.

No matter what angle you look at it from, it's a wild beast!

Suzuki-san's S15 was ready to go, propped up here on axle stands waiting for the RE30s to be fitted.

RX-7s are some of the most popular cars at these kinds of events; I spotted this particular FD sitting all by itself on one side of the paddock.

The "Pretty Teruteru" S15 with its unique front bumper was present as always, a car that is on the verge of braking into the 59-seconds.

More FD goodness.

The G.Work/Omega EG6 is a favorite of mine. It proves just how capable one of these little Hondas can be...

...when set up correctly. It managed a 59"743 yesterday and looked like it was glued down to the tarmac. I will have to hunt this down for a feature!

See, not all S13s are drift cars!

Aside from the most extreme cars present, most entries are street registered and are driven to and from the track, like this MKS Evo X.

Others, even if still sporting license plates run pretty wild aero which is a tad too extreme for the street. Wouldn't want to get pulled over by the cops because your wing looks like it was borrowed from a Super GT car and risk arriving late at Tsukuba!

That's it for this first part of the Battle Evome final. I'll leave you with this picture of a nice A-spec FD I saw at the entrance of the main paddock. It looks so mean all caged up!
Stay tuned for Part 2!
Старый 27.02.2012   #3
Kosov
На третей

Kosov

With surface temperatures rising steadily, the final half hour session of the Battle Evome meeting this past Sunday was the last chance for the drivers to attempt to shave off a few hundredths, or more, from their lap times. There is nothing more inspiring than seeing these privateers lap Tsukuba with so much devotion, they really put all they have into their cars and driving and the results speak for themselves.

More than half of these cars would shame entrants in the yearly Tsukuba Super Battle, proving that you don't need huge budgets to achieve great times. The most admirable thing however is that it's all about fun without a trace of rivalry and attitude.

While passing through the paddock for the tenth time as I literally ran from corner to corner in attempt to get a nice variety of action shots, I noticed that Yahagi-san of Varis had dropped by the event to check out how the old Varis Evo 5 demo car was doing in the hands of Satoh-san. I'm sure he was very happy to see it grab the fourth fastest time of the day. He drove out to the event in this very cool Z34 demo car sporting a ton of beautifully constructed carbon parts. I still can't believe Varis doesn't make carbon parts for GT-Rs, more specifically the BNR34. Yahagi-san, please cater to us GT-R otaku out there, onegaishimasu!!

This Brio Silvia perfectly showed just how mean and purposeful S13s can look when set up for grip. Best time the driver managed was a 1'03"197

This is one FD I couldn't keep my eyes off.

The R-Magic aero really does make it look like no other FD3S out there, something extremely hard with the sheer number of aero parts and conversions available for this final generation of the RX-7. It came third overall on the day with a 55"942 lap.

We can't talk about RX-7s without giving some love to the FC, in particular this Stillway built car, which was able to lap in a fastest time of 59"780.

Throughout the last couple of sessions more entrants to the next soukoukai event kept rolling in and parking up on the other side of the paddock.

The Car Shop Glow FD is one of the nicest looking cars at these Battle Evome days. It not only packs a mighty punch in the engine department...

...good for a best time of 56"868, but looks rather good doing so with its metallic bronze exterior and all the carbon aero additions.

And talking of fast cars this GC8...

...posted the fifth fastest time with a 57"820, right behind Satoh's Evo 5.

The Top Fuel Racing FD is getting extremely close to the 57-second barrier, managing a 58"012 on Sunday, slightly faster than the 58"240 it got a couple of weeks back when I dropped by Tsukuba to check out the second BE-Circuit round.

Here it is on the edge of grip passing under the Dunlop bridge in the mid-field.

The Garage Kagotani crew; they were supporting a total of three cars on the day.

The Yume-Koubou FD, entered in the more street-car oriented class, put down a solid 59"306 lap, the second fastest time of the group.

Despite having pretty much forfeited his first attempt of the day, Under Suzuki wasn't stressing out too much.

Since we last saw the car it has now been modified with new wing end plates, sporting a refined profile. These along with...

...an even higher Gurney flap balance out the newfound front-end downforce that was found thank's to pro-aerodynamicist Andrew Brilliant advice.

Suzuki-san told me he didn't even get to use his good set of tires, so after the lost chance in the first session of the day he probably knew that it just wouldn't be happening, despite the perfect surface and air temperatures. He has one final chance this coming Sunday, a very short 30 min session during a Yokohama Tire soukoukai event. Gamabatte Suzuki-san! After this final attempt all efforts will be directed into getting the Silvia ready for this year's WTAC in Sydney.

In the mean time the Arios Okuyama FD was getting its engine bay rinsed off and shortly after was put on the transporter and whisked off to the shop for much needed TLC. I hope these guys get it all fixed up and ready for the next time attack season. This is one car that is potentially capable of 57-sec laps, and even faster!

So that's it's for this year. Battle Evome will return next winter where I'm sure the fastest cars will continue to get even faster. Hats off to all participants and of course the organizers in making this the most exciting grassroots grip event out there!
Старый 27.02.2012   #4
bmw3s
На пятой

bmw3s has a spectacular aura about
Отправить сообщение для bmw3s с помощью ICQ

With surface temperatures rising steadily, the final half hour session of the Battle Evome meeting this past Sunday was the last chance for the drivers to attempt to shave off a few hundredths, or more, from their lap times. There is nothing more inspiring than seeing these privateers lap Tsukuba with so much devotion, they really put all they have into their cars and driving and the results speak for themselves.

More than half of these cars would shame entrants in the yearly Tsukuba Super Battle, proving that you don't need huge budgets to achieve great times. The most admirable thing however is that it's all about fun without a trace of rivalry and attitude.

While passing through the paddock for the tenth time as I literally ran from corner to corner in attempt to get a nice variety of action shots, I noticed that Yahagi-san of Varis had dropped by the event to check out how the old Varis Evo 5 demo car was doing in the hands of Satoh-san. I'm sure he was very happy to see it grab the fourth fastest time of the day. He drove out to the event in this very cool Z34 demo car sporting a ton of beautifully constructed carbon parts. I still can't believe Varis doesn't make carbon parts for GT-Rs, more specifically the BNR34. Yahagi-san, please cater to us GT-R otaku out there, onegaishimasu!!

This Brio Silvia perfectly showed just how mean and purposeful S13s can look when set up for grip. Best time the driver managed was a 1'03"197

This is one FD I couldn't keep my eyes off.

The R-Magic aero really does make it look like no other FD3S out there, something extremely hard with the sheer number of aero parts and conversions available for this final generation of the RX-7. It came third overall on the day with a 55"942 lap.

We can't talk about RX-7s without giving some love to the FC, in particular this Stillway built car, which was able to lap in a fastest time of 59"780.

Throughout the last couple of sessions more entrants to the next soukoukai event kept rolling in and parking up on the other side of the paddock.

The Car Shop Glow FD is one of the nicest looking cars at these Battle Evome days. It not only packs a mighty punch in the engine department...

...good for a best time of 56"868, but looks rather good doing so with its metallic bronze exterior and all the carbon aero additions.

And talking of fast cars this GC8...

...posted the fifth fastest time with a 57"820, right behind Satoh's Evo 5.

The Top Fuel Racing FD is getting extremely close to the 57-second barrier, managing a 58"012 on Sunday, slightly faster than the 58"240 it got a couple of weeks back when I dropped by Tsukuba to check out the second BE-Circuit round.

Here it is on the edge of grip passing under the Dunlop bridge in the mid-field.

The Garage Kagotani crew; they were supporting a total of three cars on the day.

The Yume-Koubou FD, entered in the more street-car oriented class, put down a solid 59"306 lap, the second fastest time of the group.

Despite having pretty much forfeited his first attempt of the day, Under Suzuki wasn't stressing out too much.

Since we last saw the car it has now been modified with new wing end plates, sporting a refined profile. These along with...

...an even higher Gurney flap balance out the newfound front-end downforce that was found thank's to pro-aerodynamicist Andrew Brilliant advice.

Suzuki-san told me he didn't even get to use his good set of tires, so after the lost chance in the first session of the day he probably knew that it just wouldn't be happening, despite the perfect surface and air temperatures. He has one final chance this coming Sunday, a very short 30 min session during a Yokohama Tire soukoukai event. Gamabatte Suzuki-san! After this final attempt all efforts will be directed into getting the Silvia ready for this year's WTAC in Sydney.

In the mean time the Arios Okuyama FD was getting its engine bay rinsed off and shortly after was put on the transporter and whisked off to the shop for much needed TLC. I hope these guys get it all fixed up and ready for the next time attack season. This is one car that is potentially capable of 57-sec laps, and even faster!

So that's it's for this year. Battle Evome will return next winter where I'm sure the fastest cars will continue to get even faster. Hats off to all participants and of course the organizers in making this the most exciting grassroots grip event out there!
Старый 27.02.2012   #5
matik
На четвертой

matik has a spectacular aura about

почему с виду анлим машины едут на полусликах?
matik вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ

Метки
battle evome, dino dalle carbonare, event, exceed moat, japan, scorch racing, time attack, tsukuba circuit, under suzuki

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск
Опции просмотра